The General Assembly endorse the conclusions arrived at in the Board of Trustees’ review of the current system of congregational remittances and approve the proposed changes to the system. They declare as follows:
- The Central Projects Levy shall be renamed as the Mission Levy and the Additional Contributions shall be reclassified as the Mission Support Fund.
- The additional Fixed Allowance applied to congregations with an assistant minister shall be reduced to £15,000 per annum from 1st January 2014.
- Any Board or Committee embarking on a new area of work must first prepare a financial case for that work, clearly setting out full costings together with detailed sources of funding.
- The Home and International Missions Boards shall liaise closely with the Communications Officer to communicate their work to the wider Church and thereby seek engagement from congregations and individuals in that work. The Boards shall also give careful consideration to the selection of areas of work for which they will seek financial support through the Mission Support Fund.
- Presbyteries are instructed to take responsibility for ensuring that the congregations within their bounds comply with the remittance system. They are also encouraged to foster a greater sense of mutual support between congregations.