A team from Operation Mobilisation (OM) is set to arrive in Uist this weekend for a week of outreach and evangelism.
Laurie and Caroline Searle will be joining congregations of North Uist Free Church and South Uist and Benbecula Free Church for a week of activities including children’s clubs, youth work, and meeting new people.
OM is in partnership with the Free Church of Scotland. This is the first venture of this kind between the two since the partnership began.
Rev Thomas Penman, of South Uist and Benbecula Free Church, said: “We’re really excited to be having the team up with us. It is such a blessing to have people from around the world wanting to serve in our islands. We want everyone to have the opportunity to hear the good news of Jesus Christ for themselves and for God’s name to be glorified across the Western Isles.”
Details of the upcoming trip have been posted on the OM website. Laurie and Caroline say: “The mission will mainly focus on the three largest isles, North Uist, Benbecula and South Uist. We will be engaging with children clubs and youth work, undertaking personal evangelism and participating in an ‘apologetics’ café night. We also hope to interact with as many members of the community as possible.”
The couple have the following prayer requests:
– The outreach will be anointed and blessed.
– For God ordained appointments and engagement.
– For safe travels.
– For our own spiritual anointing and growth.
The local churches have asked for the following prayer requests:
– That God’s name would be glorified here in all that we do.
– That He would pour out His Spirit on these islands and move people’s hearts once again.
-That the OM group would arrive safely and events would run well.
– That speakers would be given wisdom at events and people would come when invited.
– That we would boldly share the good news of Jesus Christ and people would believe and be saved.