Five Healthy Church Gatherings are set to take place around Scotland in September – and you’re invited to attend.
The events enable people from different churches to meet together to encourage one another and share in the vision for A Healthy Gospel Church for Every Community in Scotland.
The following events are set to take place:
- Saturday 2nd September: Edinburgh Gathering, The Mound (9.30am for coffee, 10am start)
- Tuesday 26th September: Portree Gathering (6.30pm for coffee, 7pm start, 9.30pm finish)
- Wednesday 27th September: Kyle Free Church Gathering (6.30pm for coffee, 7pm start, 9.30pm finish)
- Thursday 28th September: Aultbea Free Church Gathering (6.30pm for coffee, 7pm start, 9.30pm finish)
- Saturday 30th September – Dornoch Free Church Gathering (9.30am for coffee, 10am start)
Andrew Giffen, CEO of the Free Church of Scotland, said: “These gatherings are a great opportunity for us to come together and encourage one another in growing in spiritual health both as individuals and in our lives together as a congregation. We want to see healthy Christians, healthy churches and an increasingly healthy denomination. We will be thinking about what God wants the church to be, and how all of us can play a part in growing health in our congregations. There will be time for discussion, prayer and also worship together as a presbytery gathering.”
Past participants have said it has been useful to get an overview of the national vision and have the chance to discuss how that applies locally. Another has said the gathering has created “awareness of the needs of people in our community and how churches can serve communities.”
The events bring people together for a time of input and then discussion, with a focus on us hearing the views and ideas of one another. There are updates on how some churches have taken hold of the vision, as well as time to discuss some main topics, give feedback, ask questions and pray together.
To book your place, go to: Healthy Church Gatherings – Free Church of Scotland