The General Assembly declare that the remit of the ETS Centre for Mission be as follows:
- To promote serious engagement with mission studies, and reflective participation in mission practice, among ETS staff and students by means of formal academic courses and other mission-focused events.
- To engage in, and foster, constructive interaction with students, mission agencies, and serving missionaries (local and global) so as to ensure effective training for those preparing for, or engaged in, various forms of mission service;
- To encourage serving missionaries (local and global) by providing opportunities for theological development and biblical research in topics of relevant interest;
- To provide education in mission studies to the wider church;
- To respond to specific requests for theological and practical training of leaders and key workers by the wider church, mission agencies, and, in particular, by the Mission Board and the Board of Ministry of the Free Church of Scotland.